All About Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a regulatory medicine that can restore balance and function to all systems including the muscular, digestive, nervous, endocrine, immune, and reproductive systems. This far-reaching healing system can be effective in treating many conditions.
Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific points along a meridian system (with over 2,000 points to choose from) using fine, sterile, acupuncture needles that are very small in diameter (about the size of a hair follicle). It is during the insertion, stimulation, and retention (about 20 minute) of the needles at these chosen points that nerves transmit electromagnetic signals to the brain. The brain, in turn, activates specific areas that stimulate neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters release specific biochemical substances that stimulate or inhibit nerve impulse and neurohormones that have a wide, positive impact on the activity and function of the body’s systems.
The central nervous system releases regulatory chemical responses into the muscles, organs, spinal cord and brain during treatment. The biochemical changes stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities and promote physical and emotional well being.
What are some of the benefits that can be seen with acupuncture?
- It can reduce inflammation
- It can increase circulation
- It can decrease pain
- It can release muscle spasms
- It can increase immunity by stimulating T-cell production
- It can regulate the digestive system, creating better absorption of nutrients and elimination of toxins
- It can have a regulatory effect on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands that influence sleep, appetite, hormones, and temperature control
- It can effectively treat headaches and migraines
- It can balance mental and emotional well being.
Acupuncture is a natural way to promote more radiant health and wellness by stimulating the body’s natural ability to heal.